Monday, July 16, 2007

Koh Samui

Josh and I got back from Koh Samui late last night. Our Friday to Sunday trip to the island felt like a week, which was great. Our bungalow was on the beach less than 5 meters from the water, as promised by the resort's website. The beach was also very sparsely populated, which was nice given that Koh Samui is very popular with tourists! We ate at restaurants on the beach. Good seafood! Surprisingly the sunsets were not spectacular. Usually it was too cloudy to see the sun going down. The water was REALLY warm, much warmer than any other body of water either Josh or I had ever been in. We waded around for about an hour until the high salt content made our skin itchy. I promise to share pictures when we get back, that was truly a breath-taking adventure.

My job is bothering me these days... Here was my thought at work today: "I feel like I'm on The Office (TV show) but it's worse because no one speaks English so they don't get my jokes." Hopefully this situation will improve soon, or I will be forced to take drastic measures.

Sorry for the short post. I didn't eat lunch and I'm STARVING. Josh and I are ordering The Pizza Company delivery for dinner. This is a chain started by a guy who used to be a franchisee for Pizza Hut, but who lost the franchise because he was opening a chicken restaurant that would compete with Kentucky Fried Chicken (which is owned by the same company as Pizza Hut). Bottom line: the guy who started The Pizza Company makes delicious pizza and rubs it in the face of the corporate monster that is Pizza Hut. (When I am back in the US I will rescind this comment, I actually love Pizza Hut)

More soon and a better mood, I promise!
Elizabeth (and Josh)

No comments: