Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cooking


One of the best things about having an apartment is that I get to cook our meals again. One would think that eating out all the time would be fun, but after a while it gets frustrating. Spending a lot of money is worrisome and, at least some of the time, I found myself thinking "I could make this dish better than the cook here did." So, I'm happy to have a kitchen (no oven or microwave...so I have to be creative) to make the food I want to make, the way I want it. The other night I made us pork chops, sauerkraut, and dumplings. Funny to think my family has been in the US for over 100 years and yet I wouldn't be surprised if the German couple who lives upstairs hasn't eaten a very similar dish. You all know that I love to cook, but you may not have known that I like to take pictures of the food I make.

No comments: